As a developer if I ever have to choose from any one of the available CMS,Framework or any other web development prototype; no doubt First one will come in my mind is WordPress.
So why WordPress? Here are some reasons:
- Its free : WordPress is contributed by volunteers and available for use absolutely free.
- There are thousands of free plugins and themes available for free. One can easily choose from and use.
- Simplicity will always be a key factor in success of WordPress. Whether in its use or development.
- WordPress permalink structure makes it Search engine friendly.
- Highly maintainable as updates and upgrades are very easy; even automatized.
- Development for and using WordPress is very easy and efficient.
- Recent developments like REST API integration in core makes it very promising tool for mobile app development.
WordPress is continuously proving that its not only a Content Management System or Blogging tool but can be used to develop an app or provide services to an app.